- The City of Ottawa does not appear with these documents to be adopting any GHG reduction targets at all.
- GHG reductions the documents say “could be achieved” fall far short of comparable provincial and international targets.
- The documents themselves give lowest marks to climate change in answering the question “how sustainable are we now?”
Links to Documents:
- Energy and Emissions Plan (78 pages – most important document)
- Sustainability and Resilience Plan (120 pages – parent document)
- Risk Prevention and Mitigation Plan (50 pages)
- 2011 Sustainability Baseline (31 pages)
- Agenda item: Choosing Our Future – Long Term Plans (city website – summary)
- Choosing our Future End-State Goals (1 page graphic)
More info to come