The Greenspace Alliance of Canada’s Capital works to conserve public and private greenspace including waterways and wetlands and including natural and landscaped places deemed significant by a community.
At their meeting of November 21, 2011 they responded by a request from me and adopted the following resolution:
- Whereas the Greenspace Alliance of Canada’s Capital is constituted to preserve the region’s natural areas and parks; and
- the flora and fauna of those green areas has largely evolved to survive in the historic climate of the Ottawa Valley; and
- by the emissions of greenhouse gasses (produced by) humans—including we in the National Capital Region—the climate is changing;
- we therefore call on the City of Ottawa, Ville de Gatineau, the Provinces of Quebec and Ontario and the Government of Canada;
- to take such actions within their jurisdiction, and to collaborate with and to urge and encourage other government bodies, as a priority to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases. This resolution being consistent with the dire warnings of the Nobel Peace Prize winning Panel on Climate Change.